Texas Tech Medical School – Insider Review
Texas Tech Medical School is one of the medical schools in Texas and a great choice for your medical education. This review will be about the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas.
If you are interested in getting accepted to Texas Tech Medical School, one of the top medical schools in the US, there are a lot of things that will
need to be in your application to make you a competitive applicant. Check out my page on admissions to understand what Texas Tech is looking for.
Getting accepted to one of the Texas medical schools is no easy feat. Good medical schools like this are very competitive. When you are going for a top medical school, medical school admissions coaching can help you make your dream of acceptance a reality.
The company I recommend is MedSchoolCoach.
This is a team of former medical school admissions committee members who are dedicated to helping you succeed as an applicant. They understand what medical schools are looking for and how to make you stand out. They have a number of programs available to fit your needs.
The MedSchoolCoach Gold Package has an amazing record of success, placing 100% of their students in an MD or DO school and 85% of their students in an MD school. It doesn’t get better than that! Also, click here for current deals from MedSchoolCoach.
Coaching can be expensive, but think of it as an investment. For whatever, you spend, you’ll get 30+ years of $150,000 to $500,000 as a doctor. That’s a great return on investment! Click here to check out MedSchoolCoach.
Now, back to information about this top medical school in the US!
- Name: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
- Location: Lubbock, TX
- Public or Private: Public
- Accepts International
- School Website: Click here
- Very Competitive. As with any of the Texas medical schools, Texas Tech medical school admissions are very competitive. You will need to stand out in every way to be accepted here. There were 2,990 applications for the 144 available seats.
- Average MCAT: 31
- Average GPA: 3.74, 3.69 science
- Selection Factors. The selection factors for Texas Tech medical school are very similar to those of other good medical schools and top medical schools in the US. They look for academic achievement, compassion, motivation and integrity, among other things. Click here for a detailed explanation of criteria schools are looking for. Click on these links to find out how to make these stand out on your interviews and personal statement.
- Multiple programs available. As other good medical schools do, Texas Tech Medical School offers various combined degree programs for those interested. These include MD/MBA, MD/JD, and MD/PhD.
- For full information from the admissions website, click here
- Tuition: $14,471 In-State, $27,571 Out of State
- Loans: Federal loans are available as with other US medical schools.
- Scholarships : As with many of the medical schools in Texas, there are not a whole lot of scholarships available. The huge benefit to these schools is that tuition is so incredibly low, meaning that you don’t really need a scholarship as much as you might somewhere else. Also, Texas medical schools often offer competitive out-of-state applicants in-state tuition as an incentive to come to their schools. This is another thing that makes Texas medical schools great! If you’re still looking for programs that will cover your tuition, click here to learn more about scholarships.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living is very affordable. You can rent a 2 bedroom apartment for around $600, a one bedroom for around $400-500.
Texas Tech Medical School offers great programs and is, in my mind, one of the strongest medical schools in Texas. The most impressive thing to me is the “get it done” attitude of the school. You’ll be hard pressed to find a place where you can accomplish so much in so little time. Plus, you’ll pay very low tuition compared to the rest of the country, especially if you’re a Texas resident.I would highly recommend Texas Tech medical school for your medical education.For more on choosing your best medical school, click here.
Get Accepted to Texas Tech Medical School
The medical school admissions process can be very difficult. Getting into your best medical school is not something that you should leave to chance! This site is designed to help you get into the school of your choice, maybe that’s Texas Tech medical school! Check out my admissions page for understanding the admissions process.
Some students find it useful to employ a service to help them with getting into medical school. There are many companies that will help you with this, but my recommendation is MedSchoolCoach.
MedSchoolCoach is run by doctors with experience on admissions committees. This makes a big difference as many companies are run by business people or others without this essential experience. They also have an excellent track record, placing 100% of students in an MD or DO program and 87% in an MD program for those who sign up for their gold
package. They also offer help with personal statements , interviews and help on choosing which schools to apply to. They are the company I recommend.
I also like them because their prices are very affordable compared to other companies you could choose. Also, click here for current deals from MedSchoolCoach. You can specifically request my services when you sign up. I have experience with Texas medical schools!