UT Houston Medical School – Insider Review
UT Houston Medical School is one of the medical schools in Houston Texas and one of the top medical schools in the US. It is a great choice for your medical education, is set in a great city and has beautiful facilities.
If you are interested in getting accepted to UT Southwestern Medical School, one of the top medical schools in the US, there are a lot of things that will
need to be in your application to make you a competitive applicant.
Getting accepted to one of the Texas medical schools is no easy feat, particularly a competitive school like UT Houston. When you are going for either of the medical schools in Houston Texas, medical school admissions coaching can help you make your dream of acceptance a reality. Coaching is a particularly good idea when you are shooting for a competitive school like UT Southwestern medical school.
The company I recommend is MedSchoolCoach.
This is a team of former medical school admissions committee members who are dedicated to helping you succeed as an applicant. They understand what medical schools are looking for and how to make you stand out. They have a number of programs available to fit your needs.
The MedSchoolCoach Gold Package has an amazing record of success, placing 100% of their students in an MD or DO school and 85% of their students in an MD school. It doesn’t get better than that! Also, click here for current deals from MedSchoolCoach.
Coaching can be expensive, but think of it as an investment. For whatever, you spend, you’ll get 30+ years of $150,000 to $500,000 as a doctor. That’s a great return on investment! Click here to check out MedSchoolCoach.
Now, back to information about this top medical school in the US!
- Very Competitive.This medical school in Houston Texas is very competitive. You will need to stand out in every way to be accepted here. There were 3,892 applications for the 240 available seats.
- Average MCAT: 32
- Average GPA: 3.83, 3.78 science
- Selection Factors. The selection factors for UT Houston medical school are very similar to those of other Texas medical schools and top medical schools in the US. They look for academic achievement, and humanitarian efforts among other things. The school also has strong preference for Texas residents and looks for applicatns who have the potential to serve in underserved areas in Texas. You’ll want to make sure you make this clear in your interviews and personal statement. Click here for a detailed explanation of criteria schools are looking for.
- A few combined degrees available. This medical school in Houston Texas offers MD/MPH
and MD/PhD options.
- For full information from the admissions website, click here
- Tuition: $12,775 In-State, $25,875 Out of State
- Loans: Federal loans are available as with other US medical schools.
- Scholarships : As with many of the medical schools in Texas, there are not a whole lot of scholarships available. The huge benefit to these schools is that tuition is so incredibly low, meaning that you don’t really need a scholarship as much as you might somewhere else. Also, many Texas medical schools offer competitive out-of-state applicants in-state tuition as an incentive to come to their schools. This is another thing that makes medical schools in Houston Texas great! If you’re still looking for programs that will cover your tuition, click here to learn more about scholarships.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living is very affordable, another benefit to attending medical school in Houston Texas. You can pay around $600 for a nice one bedroom near campus. You can also rent a 4 br house close to campus for $1200. Now that’s a great deal!
UT Houston Medical School is a great medical school and one of the two medical schools in Houston Texas (the other being Baylor). UT Houston, even more than other Texas medical schools, wants their applicants to be dedicated to serving in Texas. So, make sure this is obvious on your application, personal statement, and interview. Another thing that sets apart this medical school in Houston Texas is its dedication to accepting and helping non-traditional students. There are many programs available to help you if you are worried about the rigors of medical education. Plus, you’ll get to study in one of the prettiest campuses and work in one of the prettiest hospitals I’ve seen. Overall, UT Houston medical school is a great choice for your medical education.For more on choosing your best medical school, click here.
Get Accepted to UT Houston Medical School
The medical school admissions process can be very difficult. Getting into your best medical school is not something that you should leave to chance! This site is designed to help you get into the school of your choice, maybe that’s UT Houston medical school! Check out my admissions page for understanding the admissions process.
Some students find it useful to employ a service to help them with getting into medical school. For a school as competitive as UT Houston, I would highly recommend coaching. There are many companies that will help you with this, but my recommendation is MedSchoolCoach.
MedSchoolCoach is run by doctors with experience on admissions committees. This makes a big difference as many companies are run by business people or others without this essential experience. They also have an excellent track record, placing 100% of students in an MD or DO program and 87% in an MD program for those who sign up for their gold package. They also offer help with personal statements , interviews and help on choosing which schools to apply to. They are the company I recommend.
I also like them because their prices are very affordable compared to other companies you could choose. Also, click here for current deals from MedSchoolCoach. You can also specifically request my services when you sign up. I have experience with Texas schools!