UT Southwestern Medical School – Insider Review
UT Southwestern Medical School is one of the top medical schools in Texas and one of the top medical schools in the US. It is a great choice for your medical education and one of the more respected schools in the country.
If you are interested in getting accepted to UT Southwestern Medical School, one of the top medical schools in the US, there are a lot of things that will need to be in your application to make you a competitive applicant.
Getting accepted to one of the Texas medical schools is no easy feat, particularly a competitive school like UT Southwestern. Good medical schools like this are very competitive. When you are going for a top medical school, medical school admissions coaching can help you make your dream of acceptance a reality. Coaching is a particularly good idea when you are shooting for a competitive school like UT Southwestern medical school.
The company I recommend is MedSchoolCoach.
This is a team of former medical school admissions committee members who are dedicated to helping you succeed as an applicant. They understand what medical schools are looking for and how to make you stand out. They have a number of programs available to fit your needs.
The MedSchoolCoach Gold Package has an amazing record of success, placing 100% of their students in an MD or DO school and 85% of their students in an MD school. It doesn’t get better than that! Also, click here for current deals from MedSchoolCoach.
Coaching can be expensive, but think of it as an investment. For whatever, you spend, you’ll get 30+ years of $150,000 to $500,000 as a doctor. That’s a great return on investment! Click here to check out MedSchoolCoach.
Now, back to information about this top medical school in the US!
- Very Competitive. As with any of the Texas medical schools, UT Southwestern medical school admissions are very competitive. UT Southwestern’s ranking is tied with Baylor as the most competitive medical schools in Texas. You will need to stand out in every way to be accepted here. There were 3,485 applications for the 230 available seats.
- Average MCAT: 35
- Average GPA: 3.86, 3.86 science
- Selection Factors. The selection factors for UT Southwestern medical school are very similar to those of other Texas medical schools and top medical schools in the US. They look for academic achievement, humanism, time in extracurricular activities, and integrity, among other things. Also, as with other Texas medical schools, being a Texas resident will help you get accepted. In fact, Texas state law requires that 90% of the class be Texas residents! Click here for a detailed explanation of criteria schools are looking for. Click on these links to find out how to make these stand out on your interviews and personal statement.
- Multiple programs available. As other good medical schools do, UT Southwestern Medical School offers various combined degree programs for those interested. These include MD/MBA, MD/MPH, and MD/PhD.
- For full information from the admissions website, click here
- Tuition: $15,200 In-State, $28,300 Out of State
- Loans: Federal loans are available as with other US medical schools.
- Scholarships : As with many of the medical schools in Texas, there are not a whole lot of scholarships available. The huge benefit to these schools is that tuition is so incredibly low, meaning that you don’t really need a scholarship as much as you might somewhere else. Also, Texas medical schools often offer competitive out-of-state applicants in-state tuition as an incentive to come to their schools. This is another thing that makes Texas medical schools great! If you’re still looking for programs that will cover your tuition, click here to learn more about scholarships.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living is slightly more expensive than other places in Texas if you want to live very close to UT Southwestern medical school. You can rent a 1 bedroom condo for around $825. You can also live on campus for between $770 and $1150 per month. See details here.
UT Southwestern Medical School is one of the most respected medical schools in Texas and in the country. It is a very competitive school to get into and continues to be competitive once there. The school’s reputation is excellent and you will have many opportunities open to you as a graduate of UT Southwestern medical school. UT Southwestern’s high ranking in both research and primary care is impressive and speaks to the school’s having a balanced approach to both research and clinical care. Plus, you’ll pay very low tuition compared to the rest of the country, especially if you’re a Texas resident. If you are the type of person who thrives in challenging situations, UT Southwestern would be a great choice for you.For more on choosing your best medical school, click here.
Get Accepted to UT Southwestern Medical School
The medical school admissions process can be very difficult. Getting into your best medical school is not something that you should leave to chance! This site is designed to help you get into the school of your choice, maybe that’s UT Southwestern medical school! Check out my admissions page for understanding the admissions process.
Some students find it useful to employ a service to help them with getting into medical school.
For a school as competitive as UT Southwestern, I would highly recommend coaching.There are many
companies that will help you with this, but my recommendation is MedSchoolCoach.
MedSchoolCoach is run by doctors with experience on admissions committees. This makes a big difference as many companies are run by business people or others without this essential experience. They also have an excellent track record, placing 100% of students in an MD or DO program and 87% in an MD program for those who sign up for their gold package. They also offer help with personal statements , interviews and help on choosing which schools to apply to. They are the company I recommend.
I also like them because their prices are very affordable compared to other companies you could choose. Also, click here for current deals from MedSchoolCoach. You can also specifically request my services when you sign up. I have experience with Texas schools.